all you need to know about tiktok ads
Account Structure, Ad Formats, Pricing, and Targeting
Advertising has become one of the key components of promoting a brand and with the rise of various social media apps and platforms, there has been a major shift in the way companies and individuals promote their projects, services or products. One such social media platform that seems to be rising quite quickly in the advertising space is TikTok, and everyone seems to be wanting a piece of that cake.
STRUCTURE OF TIKTOK ADS
TikTok ads structure is similar to Google Ads with slight differences. It has campaigns at the top, ad groups within campaigns, and different ads within each ad group. At the campaign level, daily budget and all-time budget are set. At the ad group level, target audiences, budget for different audience groups, and schedule delivery of each ad are specified. TikTok ads can be in images and video forms.
TYPES OF TIKTOK ADS
1) TopView: Full-screen ads that appear when someone opens the app. They are up to 60 seconds. The video becomes part of the user’s feed. This is usually the most desired and expensive ad format.
2) Brand Takeover: Full-screen ads that appear when someone opens the app. In these ads, a 3-second image or 3-5 second video is played. The ad asset does not become part of the user’s feed.
3) In-feed ads: The ad video is integrated into ‘for you’ feed. These ads are up to 60 seconds in length. Users can interact with the ad as they do for any other video.
4) Branded hashtag challenge: These types of ads have the highest potential engagement. The advertiser creates sponsored hashtags and encourages users to participate in the event. The hashtags stay for 3 to 6 days.
5) Branded effects: Advertisers can create customized stickers, filters, and effects and put them in the app. This content will display to users when they are uploading content to the platform. When done right, it can generate highly engaging brand conversations.
TIKTOK ADS COST
There is a minimum daily limit of 50 USD. Advertisers can choose between standard and accelerated delivery options. In standard delivery, the budget is spent evenly during the ad delivery period. In accelerated delivery, the budget is spent quickly to get faster results. The difference is in the distribution of ad delivery. Two bidding methods are available: CPM and CPC. oCPC bidding is available for advertisers who want to optimize for conversions.
TIKTOK ADS TARGETING
1) Audience targeting
Audience targeting is done through customer files uploaded by the advertiser or based on engagement and app activity. Advertisers can specify whether to include or exclude specific audiences.
2) Demographics targeting
Demographic targeting can be based on the age, location, language, and interests of the user. Location targeting can be focused up to a specific city. gaming, travel, education
3) Device targeting
Advertisers can also target audiences according to their device details. This includes the connection type, carrier, operating system, and device price.
Flipkart received more than three billion views in just three days for a campaign on its Big Billion sale. The campaign featured Amitabh Bachchan, MS Dhoni and Alia Bhatt. With so many different tools in their toolbox, be it hashtags, influencers or just their platform format itself, TikTok appears to be a very desirable and viable option for promoting and advertising a brand or a project.